Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baked Miso Cod Fish

My husband loves fish. He always tells me that fish is an important protein for us. While staying in KL, it is really very hard to get different types of fish and if I can get one, it will be expensive!

Staying in Singapore, I've found a fish and seafood seller who can supplies a lot of types of fish. e.g. cod, salmon, mackerel, large prawns, squid, pomfret, red snapper etc etc.

When I have fish, I like big fish. I really hate small one with little meat. Waste of time eating it .

One of my favourite is Cod fish. Love it because the meat is just white color and tasty.  




Recipe:

  • Cod Fish Fillet 1 piece - defrost and room temperature
  • Japanese Miso Paste - 1 table spoon
  • Fine Sugar
Direction :

Marinate cod fish with miso paste. Make sure it is evenly distributed.  Sprinkle a little sugar on both side. Miso paste tend to be salty so do not add too much paste to the fish.

Marinate the fish for 2-3 hours.  Preferably to use small toaster oven to bake the fish. If you do not have a toaster over, just normal oven with low temperature about  130C for about 15-20 minutes.

Check the texture of the meat whether is it firmed. If it is firmed, then it is cooked.

Serve while it is hot.

Good luck and happy cooking!

No comments: