Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fluffy Pancakes

I love pancakes. I really loved the chewiness inside and I like the idea of adding anything and everything inside.

Sunday is usually my favourite day. I love to wake up and cook a nice brunch/lunch for family. Just a day with breakfast that I fancy instead of a normal boring food.



  • 2 cups of self-raising flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon icing Sugar
  • Lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoon of cooking oil
  • 1 cup of Buttermilk
  • Butter

Part A - Buttermilk

To make Buttermilk, it's either you buy it from the supermarket or make some at home. It is really easy.  1 cup of milk and add half a lemon juice.  Let it sit for about 10 minute and that's it! (picture below)



Part B - Dry ingredients

Take a mixing bowl, add in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, icing sugar, lemon zest and salt into the bowl.  You may sift the flour once or twice before mixing with other ingredients. In my case, I prefer to sift twice so that the pancakes would be fluffier.  Use a whisk and mixed it all together.




Part C - Mixing all together


Add Buttermilk and oil inside and mix it all till it is creamy.  If the batter is thick, add some milk to dilute the batter.




Heat up the pan and add a little butter. Using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side






Serve it with maple syrup, honey or berry topping.


No comments: