Saturday, July 5, 2014

Roasted Tomato Soup

My friends and I love Tomato soup. Sometimes what you get outside, the taste may not be there. I love my tomato soup being tangy and creamy.  So I decided to make my own version of tomato soup which is satisfying and will never forget.
 



 Roast the Tomatoes
  • Tomatoes - 10-15 cut into chunks
  • Fresh Rosemary
  • 2 Brown onion - slice it
  • Seasalt
  • Black pepper
  • Olive oil

What I did is I roast the tomatoes, onions, fresh rosemary, garlic with olive oil, seasalt and black pepper for 1 1/2 hours.  After roasting, I blend it into puree.

To make the soup :
  • Celery - 2 sticks slice it
  • Butter
  • Minced Garlic
  • Brown Onion 1
  • Chicken Stock
  • Oil
  • Seasalt 
  • Black Pepper
Pot, butter, onion, celery stir together until tender. Add garlic until fragrant and chicken stock and cook till all vegetable tender and soft.  Add the "roasted tomato puree" and salt and pepper to taste.

I love to add some "roasted red bell peppers" into this soup.

All you need to do is to roast the bell pepper on the stove with high fire.  The skin of the bell pepper will burn but dont worry. Make sure the whole bell pepper are roasted properly and then throw into a bowl of cold water.

Peel the skin off and cut the bell pepper into small chucks and add into the soup.

Its a little more work compare to a standard soup and you will be rewarded with a satisfying bowl of soup!

No comments: